[Glade-users] Accelerator keys

On Jun 8, 2009, at 11:34 AM, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 7:59 AM, Jonathan Lane<lanej at horizon.com>
wrote:
[...]

This makes some sense, although I have 3 GtkImageMenuItem widgets
that
also don't respond to accelerators -- CTRL++, CTRL+-, and CTRL+0.

But... come to think of it.. do these only work via the numeric
keypad?  I don't have a numeric keypad on any of the three
keyboards I
have here at the house.  I'll try at the office when I get in today.

Ok, the way its setup in Glade is a little embarrassing, bear with
me... I
just bearly got it all working by release time ;-)

Heres how it works:
 - Create ImageMenuItem
 - Set accel_group
 - Bug: Glade only exposes accel-group for stock type imagemenuitems
 - When setting the accel_group the first time, just hit the "New"
button
   in the dialog
 - After setting up some, or all of your accel-group properties on
the menu items,
   proceed to set the accel-group property of the toplevel window to
the same accel-group.

I see what the problem is with that, but 3 of my GtkImageMenuItems of
*stock type* have non-functional accelerator keys.  Specifically, I
have:

gtk-zoom-in     CTRL++
gtk-zoom-out    CTRL+-
gtk-zoom-100    CTRL+0

 From what you've described, these should work, yes?

What I think we can/should quite easily do is just remove the
accel-groups completely from
the Glade UI and create them completely under the hood so the user
doesnt
need to know about them.

I agree with this, provided there is no other reason I'm not aware of
to expose them.

-Jonathan