[Glade-users] Accelerator keys

On Jun 6, 2009, at 5:07 PM, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:

On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 4:52 PM, Jonathan Lane<lanej at horizon.com>
wrote:
I've asked this on the list before, but it's hard to imagine that no
one else has noticed this, so I must be doing something wrong.

I'm trying to add accelerators (such as CTRL-O, etc) to my MenuItems.
On the Common tab for the GtkImageMenuItem, I hook the accelerator I
want to the activate signal.

Is this not the way I should be doing it?  Some of them work, but
most
don't, and I can't figure why.

I'm using glade 3.6.3 and saving my projects in Builder format.

Gah, This is my mistake.

This needs to be fixed in GTK+, GtkMenuItem doesnt use an accel-group
property to connect to the window's accel-group, right now the
"accel-group"
is only handled by GtkImageMenuItem but it should be handled by
menu items in general.

This makes some sense, although I have 3 GtkImageMenuItem widgets that
also don't respond to accelerators -- CTRL++, CTRL+-, and CTRL+0.

But... come to think of it.. do these only work via the numeric
keypad?  I don't have a numeric keypad on any of the three keyboards I
have here at the house.  I'll try at the office when I get in today.

-Jonathan