[Glade-users] Glade UI Preferences

On Tue, 2009-04-21 at 13:13 +0530, anusha kadambala wrote:
hi ,
I am facing slightly different problem on a same issue.while i use
glade to develop all my interfaces on a 15 inch screen with 1024*600.
Those same interfaces don't show up properly when seen on net books.

For example i created a form with a few text boxes and buttons.This
form showed up completely on any screen except netbooks where the form
show up only half with the widgets not adjusting their sizes according
to the screen(10.2 inches).

It's hard to tell without at least comparing the screen shots from both
systems, but if the resolution on both systems is the same, then the
only thing influencing the widget sizes should be the font size. Try to
adjust dpi settings on the netbook, or use smaller fonts, and see if
that helps to fit the form. Unfortunately it may result in texts being
less readable, besides it's not really a solution, because programmer
should not be assumed having control of users machines settings. Try
laying out more compact forms, or logically splitting your forms into
GtkNotebook tabs, or adding scrolled window as a parent.

Although i never used glade on a net book i would expect the forms
developed using glade should display properly.

Njoy the share of Freedom
Anusha Kadambala

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 1:28 AM, Alexey Kurochkin
<alexey.kurochkin at pathfinderlwd.com> wrote:
        On Mon, 2009-04-20 at 20:05 +0100, Simon Langley wrote:
        > I presume that this would only become apparent for users
        with very
        > small screens but even ignoring the fact that the palette
        has a
        > vertical scroll bar, the minimum height of 540 is still
        bigger than
        > necessary.

        Yeah, programmers do like big screens, preferably dual head,
        so they're
        rarely aware of user's troubles ;). But it is still very
        apparent if
        you're using VNC set up with smaller resolution than your
        usual screen
        to fit remote desktop into a window... I think that line is
        just dragged
        from the time when Glade was unable to save its window
        position. I see
        no other reason for that.

        Glade-users maillist  -  Glade-users at lists.ximian.com