[Glade-users] windows port

On Tue, 2007-11-13 at 02:50 +0200, Hasan Hasanov wrote:

Unfortunately I do not have much experience with GUI programming. I am a
beginner, and I just wanted to try out GTK, but most of the binaries
compiled for Windows are really old, and I agree with you that they make
applications look really ugly. I really like the look and feel of the
GNOME desktop in Linux, but in Windows GTK just looks a little ugly.

My thoughts exactly.

For now I think I will just stick with learning Qt, and then try GTK
when it becomes truly multi platform and ready for the Windows platform.

I'm sad to hear that, but I certainly understand. My problems with QT
were:

 - didn't look as good as Gtk2 ( on Linux )
 - license wasn't so good ( this has changed now )

But I really like the direction in which GTK is going with Glade. Being
able to save your user interface in a seperate glade file is a really
nice thing that I do not think Qt provides good support for. It really
allows you to concentrate on coding the program engine by letting you
build the UI interface in Glade quickly.

QT Designer also works like this.

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer