[Glade-users] image display

On Thu, 2007-03-22 at 13:01 +0000, amit bag wrote:
Hi ,
    I want to show 4 image in a window of glade one by one .
I am able to add and  show the first image in the window of glade .
But I don not know how to show the rest of image .
I want to change the image one by one by pressing the arrow key .
Is it possible ? If yes then how  ?

You should have a GtkImage[1] somewhere in your interface, and
then catch the "key-press-event" on some widget(s) in order to
change the graphic displayed in the said image... note that you
are connecting to some specific widgets that you expect to have
"keyboard focus" at the time when you want the navigational
arrows to work.

Another way is to use accelerators - when using accelerators
then the action is global for the toplevel window that you
added the accelerators to (see the GtkWindow docs to find
out about setting up accelerators) - you can also setup
accelerators in glade - but that is a little restricted,
for example - you can have a forward/back button and hook
up the left and right keyboard keys to make the forward/back
buttons "click" as a result of the accelerator activation.

Whew, looks like there are many ways to do that :)

I try a lot but failed .
Is there any signal a have to add in properties window and change
somthing
in callbacks.c.Please help me .

You know how the old saying goes, "dont generate code with Glade,
use libglade" :)

[1] http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkImage.html