[Glade-users] Glade3: gnomeapp / custom pixmaps for toolbar items

On Wed, 2007-03-21 at 01:19 +0200, Alan Lake wrote:
gnomeapp:

When I tried to use the gnomeapp widget, my program aborted saying that
I needed a gnome_program_init() statement (or something like that).  I
could find no documentation for that, nor a way of writing it in Ruby,
so I replaced the gnomeapp widget with a window widget.

Yes, GnomeApp is a gnomeui widget, so you have to init gnome lib before
using it

custom pixmaps for toolbar items:
I'm sure that you're aware of a bug when one tries to use a custom icon
in a toolbar item.  I've noted that the icon "goes away" from the XML
file when I run ruby-glade-create-template.  Also, a Ruby program
created from Glade3 crashes with a seg fault when such custom icons are
used.  When this is fixed, it would be nice if the pixmaps that are used
could be put in a subdirectory.

hmm, what version are you using?
that should be fixed in 3.2 unless its a new side effect

greets

Juan Pablo