[Glade-users] glade3 & gtkhtml2

On Sun, 2007-03-18 at 19:18 +0200, Alan Lake wrote:
What Glade3 widget should I use as a container or a "placeholder" for
adding gtkhtml2 to a program?  What is envisioned for a replacement for
the deprecated Custom Widget?

Hi,
   I'll be a little slow with emails since I just
got back in town, so lets start with this one :)

we put "Custom widget" in the depricated/obsolete part of
the palette because of the modular design of Glade 3, since
all widgets can be added to Glade proper by writing a simple
catalog file (although some plugin activities require code
support from a backend module).

I am afraid the documentation about this on the website
is a little out of date (there are few minor changes in
some of the semantics of the backend, but since some whole
files have changed its become quite a task to regenerate
the docs... so I've been leaving that aside).

So essentially, you can use the custom widget paradigm but
I'm not sure that will be supported by GtkBuilder (ofcourse
you can use it with libglade), or you can write a plugin xml
file for GtkHtml and it should be easy enough to add to glade.