[Glade-users] libglade and Druid

MARZULLO Laurent Ext DF/DCGC wrote:
Hello,

I?m trying to develop my first GTK application (using RUBY) and libglade.

The first thing I try to do is to run a ?Druid? to configure my application.
But, when
Using libglade to load the druid window, libglade does? t not set the logo
nor the
Background color.

Libglade 2.5.1
Glade 2.6.8

I have to do call 'set_logo', 'set_bg_color', etc ...
Do you have any idea ?

In the XML file:

<widget class="GtkWindow" id="DruidWindow">
  <child>
    <widget class="GnomeDruid" id"ConfigurationDruid">
    <child>
      <widget class="GnomeDruidPageEdge" id="ConfigurationDruidStart">
        <property name="logo">title.png</property>
      </widget>
    </child>
  </child>

</widget>

If I call 'set_log( Gdk::Pixbuf.new( "title.png" ) ) the logo is ok.

I should say that I've also tried with the following C program:
#include <gnome.h>
#include <glade/glade.h>

int
main( int argc , char* argv[] )
{
    GtkWidget* window1;
    GladeXML * xml;

    gnome_init( "TOTO" , "1.0" , argc , argv );
    glade_gnome_init();
    xml = glade_xml_new( "./grgl.glade" , 0 , 0 );
    glade_xml_signal_autoconnect(xml);
    window1 = glade_xml_get_widget( xml , "DruidWindow" );
    gtk_widget_show_all( window1 );
    gtk_main();
    return 0;
}

And I've got the same result ... no logo and no color (other than the
default one) was set.

What's the probleme please ?

Hi,
    I am looking at libgnomeui/glade/glade-gnome.c (the libglade module
for gnomeui widgets) - in the function druid_page_edge_new() and in my
version of libgnomeui (2.15.1 it says in the NEWS file) - there is support
for the "logo" property.

It could be that you have an older version of libgnomeui (doubtfull),
its also possible that the glade-gnome module is sensitive to the order
in which properties are listed.

Could you provide the complete version of the glade file that isnt working ?
(at least the complete version of the druidpageedge ?) - might be good also
to see the differences between the non-functional glade-3 file vs. a glade
file generated with glade-2.