[Glade-users] Pixmap path - again

Hi all.

I wrote a small GUI ('pfc3') in which I use custom icons (xpm's) for
buttons in a tool bar. I installed those xpm's
in /usr/local/share/pixmaps/pfc3/, and all was well...

Till I thought it'd be nice to have the same icons in the main menu, so I
selected them in the menu editor. Strangely enough, this makes the
run-time complain with:

** (pfc3:8367): WARNING **: Couldn't find pixmap file: pfc3/reset.xpm

strace showed that the menu bar expects the menu item icons to be
in /opt/gnome/share/pixmaps/pfc3 (this is where gtk is installed). I have
to copy them to both locations, else either the buttons, or the menu
complains.

Why is the application looking in two different directories?

Thanks in advance,
John