[Glade-users] WARNING **: Couldn't find pixmap file

Hi,

i have a problem with showing a pixmap-file:

I have found a post at this list:

/ Is there any other way of my application to find the
/>/ images other than having to do "make install" ???
/>/
/

I understand this question. I wonder where is the natural place  to look
for an image file?

  image1 = create_pixmap (window1, "bq_d.jpg");

Now i would expect that, a file "bq_d.jpg" in the working-directory
would be found. So putting the bin-file and the images in the same
directory should work. But of course it dousnt work. It would help my
understanding very much, if someone can explain to me where to put the
image-files.

I tried to install in another directory with:
configure --prefix=/another/directory/

i got no error messages while the install process, but again the pixmap
file wasnt found.

The one and only thing that worked was installing in the standard-place.

I donot understand your question. In "make install" process install command
will put all images from pixmaps to installation path. In your makefile you
will need to define compiler variable that refers to installation path (that
is usually done with configure script that will generate apropriate
Makefile).Than, in code you can use that variable in something like this:
image_load_from_file(PACKAGE_DIR "/pixmaps")

or something like that. If you want to distribuite binary, you will need to
store value of installation prefix on some other place.

Bye,
Goran Rakic

Could someone explain Gorans advice in more detail.

Thanks for your help.

Claus Behl