[Glade-users] glade_xml_signal_autoconnect

I have a simple test libglade project. A window with a single button
("button1") with a callback function on_button1_clicked. The callback
function is coded in callback.c and declared in callback.h. There is one
main.c (The other glade generated code files I have discarded). In main I
have put a call to glade_xml_signal_autoconnect. I have edited configure.in
to compile the project with appropriate libglade cflags and libraries. In
Makefile.am, I have put project source files as main.c, callbacks.c and
callbacks.h
The project compiles OK but at run time I get the following message:
libglade-WARNING: **: could not find signal handler 'on_button1_clicked'.

Why is this? The code for the signal handler is in callbacks.c which is one of
the source files for the project.

Grateful for help
Pramathesh