[Glade-users] gtkmm gtk::Combo usage and popdown strings

I have a glade designed application, loading the glade file and
then the widgets via get_widget in C++.

I have a Gtk::Combo box that appears to work fine.

I load the popdown strings with code such as:

lstString.push_back("string1");
lstString.push_back("string2");

pCombo->set_popdown_strings(lstString);

all appears to work fine. I have two combos and I need to change the
contents
of combo2 when the selection in combo1 changes. I have hooked the On changed
signal from combo1, and then build a new list of popdown strings for
combo2. However, when I do:

pCombo2->set_popdown_strings(lstString);

It appears to work, but I get a console message saying GTK-Critical,
strings != null assertion failed.

It appears to have worked, combo2 has the correct strings in it.

How do I change an existing set of popdown strings without getting the
message.