[Glade-users] file selection

A question I can answer...  (I'm new too)

In python here is an answer from the FAQ.
http://www.async.com.br/faq/pygtk/index.py?req=show&file=faq03.003.htp
(The FAQ has lots other other interesting stuff)

On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 12:04, srinivas wrote:
i used
filew = gtk_file_selection_new ("Folder Selection");
gtk_file_selection_set_filename (GTK_FILE_SELECTION (filew), "***.png");
gtk_file_selection_get_filename (GTK_FILE_SELECTION (filew));
gtk_widget_show(filew);

to select and display file/folder list, i can able to display widget,
but i can't able to select the file. no buttons in the widget as delete
file, rename, cancel and ok are not working. what else i have to include
in my pgm to get that functionality.

The buttons "select and display file/folder list" (even rename?) have
built in internal functionality, and your program normally don't need to
participate.

However "file, rename(?), cancel and ok" need to pass operation back to
you program for appropriate action.  The way you do this is with a
gtk_connect to a procedure that retrives your file name by calling"
  "gtk_file_selection_get_filename (GTK_FILE_SELECTION (filew));"
to get the information you require.

FYI: I use pygtk, so exact details may differ.

(BTW: I am trying to figure out how to redirect the "x" close/destroy
window icon to my own routine and control closing with a dialogue in
python)

NevilleDNZ
--
Neville C. Dempsey <nevillednz dot glade at 3ttechnology dot com>