[Glade-users] Q: How can I add some close dialog when the close window shortcut button is clicked...

On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 05:32, Andrew Conkling wrote:
On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 00:50 +0800, Neville C. Dempsey wrote:
I am new to glade on python, and this has had me puzzled for hours....
This is not a bad thing as I am learning much about gobjects, and gtk...

Great.  Then this should be sufficient:
http://www.pygtk.org/pygtk2tutorial/ch-GettingStarted.html

Not a Glade issue, but rather a way to catch the destroy_event callback
in PyGTK.
# really want to replace the existing callback on window1!!
window1.emit_stop_by_name("delete-event")
w1_ignore=window1.connect("delete-event",ignore_signal)
window1.emit_stop_by_name("delete-event")

I get the same message twice, i.e. I cannot even remove my own
ignore_signal...
(clickhere.py:2564): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: gsignal.c:832: no emission
of signal "delete-event" to stop for instance `0x86a4040'

I even tried destroy-event and got the same msg...

Heres what troubles me a bit... (From the FAQ)
section 22.8. How do I retrieve the ID of a signal connection made by
signal_autoconnect?
This is currently not possible via the libglade API. However, you can
avoid using autoconnect for the specific signals you require the ID, and
connect() manually, storing the ID returned.

Also, a site I've found helpful for all matters PyGTK (and some Glade):
http://www.async.com.br/faq/pygtk/index.py?req=index
I will check this out.

BTW: The FAQ was great.... I found various simple answers to other pygtk
puzzles that have been torturing me...  The tutorial also.

ThanX
NevilleDNZ