[Glade-users] trouble with notebook widgets in libglade

Hi everybody.  I'm just getting started using glade and gtk and have
been running into a problem creating gtknotebook widgets.  When I use
glade to build the C source files of just a window and an empty notebook
widget, I have no problems.  But using the same xml and libglade I keep
getting this error:

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtknotebook.c: line 5041
(gtk_notebook_set_tab_label): assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (child)' failed

I'm on Debian using packages:
libgtk2.0-0 version 2.4.3-3
libglade2-0 version 2.4.0-1
glade-2 version 2.6.0