[Glade-users] multiline widget with length limitation

Hi!

 I develop a little application, short of sms sender. I would like to
limit the length of TextView to 160 or 640 character. I could not find
any way to do it, so is there any other widget, which is multiline, and
has this capability? Or should I catch the changed signal, and delete
the last character if the length over the limit (howto)?
Also, even if I catch the changed signal, paste-ing can overflow my limit.
I need to check how many chars on the clipboard, and somehow enable/disable
paste if it fits in or not.

Thanks in advance for any help,
GCS