[Glade-users] glade/autoconf question

On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 23:32, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 14:50, Rajarshi Guha wrote:

The thing I'm trying to do is to use libglade rather than the Glade auto
generated code. As a result I make a header file that contains the Glade
UI in a string. I would like to have configure modify the Makefile so
that it runs a script that will generate this header file from  the
Glade XML file. I've tried to understand the autoconf code that Glade
outputs but it made my brain ache :(

Don't touch autogen.sh.  Just edit the configure.in file.  As for
outputting libglade into a string why would you want to do that when you
can just load it as a file?  What you want to put in your configure
script is the path to the file.

I had thought of that and it seemed to me that if I could minimize the
number of external files required during runtime it would be 'neater'

Does anybody have any suggestions as to how and what I need to modify so
that the final makefile will call my script?

Not sure what you want to do here?  Please give more details.

Essentially what I want is that when I type make (after configure)
before the actual compile starts it would run a script that would
generate ui.h (which contains the Glade UI in a string). So the question
is - how/what do I need to edit in configure.in such that the resultant
Makefile under src would call my script before actually compiling.

Thanks,

Rajarshi Guha <rajarshi presidency com> <http://jijo.cjb.net>
GPG Fingerprint: 0CCA 8EE2 2EEB 25E2 AB04 06F7 1BB9 E634 9B87 56EE
Absence is to love what wind is to fire. It extinguishes the small,
it enkindles the great.