[Glade-users] glade/autoconf question

On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 14:50, Rajarshi Guha wrote:
Hi,
  I'm a little confused as to how Glade works with autoconf/automake

Aftre I build the project I need to run autogen.sh. Once that is done I
can do either make or run configure and then run make.

autogen.sh calls configure.  You can send the same command line switches
to autogen.sh that you use with configure.  It is basicly a wrapper that
makes sure your Gnome enviornment is set up correctly for building
projects.

Is there any difference between these two? I'm confused because most
packages I download only require me to run configure and then make. Am I
correct in assuming that autogen.sh generates the configure file?

All Gnome packages use autogen.sh.  Like I siad it is simply a wrapper.

The thing I'm trying to do is to use libglade rather than the Glade auto
generated code. As a result I make a header file that contains the Glade
UI in a string. I would like to have configure modify the Makefile so
that it runs a script that will generate this header file from  the
Glade XML file. I've tried to understand the autoconf code that Glade
outputs but it made my brain ache :(

Don't touch autogen.sh.  Just edit the configure.in file.  As for
outputting libglade into a string why would you want to do that when you
can just load it as a file?  What you want to put in your configure
script is the path to the file.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to how and what I need to modify so
that the final makefile will call my script?

Not sure what you want to do here?  Please give more details.

--
J5