[Glade-users] glade/autoconf question

Hi,
  I'm a little confused as to how Glade works with autoconf/automake

Aftre I build the project I need to run autogen.sh. Once that is done I
can do either make or run configure and then run make.

Is there any difference between these two? I'm confused because most
packages I download only require me to run configure and then make. Am I
correct in assuming that autogen.sh generates the configure file?

The thing I'm trying to do is to use libglade rather than the Glade auto
generated code. As a result I make a header file that contains the Glade
UI in a string. I would like to have configure modify the Makefile so
that it runs a script that will generate this header file from  the
Glade XML file. I've tried to understand the autoconf code that Glade
outputs but it made my brain ache :(

Does anybody have any suggestions as to how and what I need to modify so
that the final makefile will call my script?

Thanks,
Rajarshi Guha <rajarshi presidency com> <http://jijo.cjb.net>
GPG Fingerprint: 0CCA 8EE2 2EEB 25E2 AB04 06F7 1BB9 E634 9B87 56EE
Entropy requires no maintenance.
-- Markoff Chaney