Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 12:30:05 -0500
From: Michael Koppelman <michael aps umn edu>
To: glade-users lists ximian com
Subject: [Glade-users] drawingarea

Hi.

I'm new to glade but am loving it. Sure is making this project easy. I
apologize if this question has been asked and answered a million times.
I attempted to do my due diligence and search the web and archives.

My application will have a main center area where we will be drawing
plots. Basically it is a line graph of x/y values. I will also need the
user to be able to zoom in on certain areas, probably by drawing a box
around the area with a mouse. I'll also want to grab other mouse events
and give feedback on the mouse position, etc.

So far I'm using a drawing area and I can plot the graph just fine.
Before I got too far down the path I thought I'd ask you guys whether
the DrawingArea if the best widget for the job? So far I don't see any
drawbacks, but I really just have a little prototype so far.

I would welcome any suggestions.

Thanks!
Michael Koppelman

*          Fabio  Cesar Siqueira da Silva               *
*Projeto:                                               *
*Estudo de Propriedades Magneticas de Materiais Amorfos.*
*                                                       *
*Enderecos:                                             *
*                                                       *
*Em Campinas                    Em Recife               *
*Rua Manoel Antunes Novo, 396   Rua Mossoro, 40         *
*Barao Geraldo, Campinas - SP   San Martin, Recife - PE *
*CEP: 13.085-781                CEP: 50.761-290         *
*Fone: (019) 788 5504 - tr      Fone: (081) 228 2396    *
*      (019) 289 6739 - casa                            *
*           __o         Vive le Tour!                   *