[Glade-users] drawingarea

Hi.

I'm new to glade but am loving it. Sure is making this project easy. I
apologize if this question has been asked and answered a million times.
I attempted to do my due diligence and search the web and archives.

My application will have a main center area where we will be drawing
plots. Basically it is a line graph of x/y values. I will also need the
user to be able to zoom in on certain areas, probably by drawing a box
around the area with a mouse. I'll also want to grab other mouse events
and give feedback on the mouse position, etc.

So far I'm using a drawing area and I can plot the graph just fine.
Before I got too far down the path I thought I'd ask you guys whether
the DrawingArea if the best widget for the job? So far I don't see any
drawbacks, but I really just have a little prototype so far.

I would welcome any suggestions.

Thanks!
Michael Koppelman