[Glade-users] newbie: making system calls from GUI

On 06-Feb-2003 Manu C S wrote:
 Hi,

 I'm making a GUI for system commands.
 For example, when a user clicks on a button, I want some system
 command to be executed in the background and I want to trap the
 output of the command and display it in my GUI.

 For example, if I want to launch a browser from my gui
 when a user clicks on a certain button, should I have this in
 the callback function of that button:
     system("mozilla");
 Is that correct?
 How do I handle commands that write to stdout?

Use the "popen()" system call.

Regards

Joachim Backes

--

Joachim Backes <backes rhrk uni-kl de>       | Univ. of Kaiserslautern
Computer Center, High Performance Computing  | Phone: +49-631-205-2438