[Glade-users] newbie: making system calls from GUI

Hi,

I'm making a GUI for system commands.
For example, when a user clicks on a button, I want some system
command to be executed in the background and I want to trap the
output of the command and display it in my GUI.

For example, if I want to launch a browser from my gui
when a user clicks on a certain button, should I have this in
the callback function of that button:
    system("mozilla");
Is that correct?
How do I handle commands that write to stdout?

I looked up the archives, but found nothing relevant.
Can anyone please help? It's rather urgent.

Thanks,
Manu