[Glade-users] interface and looping functions

On Tue, 11 Sep 2001, Byron Ellacott wrote:

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001 f parzefall multitest de wrote:

How can I call such a function and still keep the interface in a state
where I can press buttons etc. to control the looping function?

GTK won't process events preemptively, you must explicitly give it a
chance to do so.  I have a bit of code I used for a splash screen that
keeps the user informed of loading progress, the way I deal with the
problem is:

An alternative, and one that is probably superior given your description
of your existing code, is to simply use an idle function.

You would be advised to checkout the Gtk API documentation at
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/

Andrae Muys