[Glade-users] Re: Create Directory browser instead of File browser

Shivdeep Krishnan wrote:
I am currently creating a windows-style setup for my project; but I am
stuck in the part of a directory browser. I want a directory browser
instead of a file browser. The fileselection dialog does not have
features to make invisible the files. please suggest what i should do.

I don't know if there is an easier solution than what I am about to
propose, but I do know that if you follow my solution you may find there
is an easier one.  ;-)

What I would do is read the source code for the fileselection widget,
and understand how it does the work.  Figure out if there is a way to
either ask it to filter the list before displaying, or maybe find out
the widget pointer for the list and use your own code to remove anything
you don't want before showing the widget to the user.

Because GTK+ is open source, you are able to do this.  Proprietary
toolkits are often closed source, and you must treat them as black
boxes.  Change your habits; be free to look under the engine cover.

--
James Cameron                                      (cameron stl dec com)

http://www.linux.org/ http://www.linux.org.au/ http://www.freshmeat.net/