[Glade-users] clist problems

jbrite wrote:

I'm setting up an application that have a  GtkClist and a button above the
GtkCList.  When the button is clicked it signals a dialog window.  The dialog
window has 2 GtkClist.  One has a list of 'items' for the user to select, the
other have a list of items the user HAS selected, if any.  When the user hits
the 'apply' or 'okay' button, the selected list will then be added to the
origanal GtkCList.  At least it would if I didn't have these problems!

The problem(s)
1. getting the 'items' in the dialog clist for the user to choice from.
2. put those selected items into the new 'selected' CList.

I can get the first to to work without glade, but second I cannot get at all.

any help?

Hi,
i'm not sure where your problem lies :
lets call the main clist A, the clist with items to use B, and the
selected items C.

It seems not to be in insertion of elements (gtk_clist_insert) in
A,B and C since you already seem to have inserted elements in A.

Is it retrieving the selected rows from B ?

You can grab the content of a clist row with
gtk_clist_get_text given the row number.

The following piece of code gives the selected
row number (single secletion lists, adapt for mutlple
selections).

gint   selected_row_number(GtkWidget *clist) {
GList  *l;
gint   row=-1;
       for (l = GTK_CLIST (clist)->selection; l; l = l->next) {
           row=GPOINTER_TO_INT (l->data);
       }
       return(row);
}