[Glade-users] entry field

I am trying to determine the cursor position when a button press event
is received on an entry field but I have to press twice to get the
correct position.  The first time I press gtk_editable_get_position
returns the previous position where the cursor was at; only after I
press again the call to gtk_editable_get_position returns the correct
position.

gboolean
on_enty_keyboard_button_press_event (GtkWidget   *widget,
                                                          GdkEventButton
*event,
                                                          gpointer
user_data)
{
   gint cursorPosition = -1;

   cursorPosition = gtk_editable_get_position(GTK_EDITABLE(widget));

   return FALSE;
}

Can anyone tell me why or what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for any help.

Lourdes T. Maldonado