[Glade-users] gmo target files

"Dennis L. Goyette Sr." wrote:

I am having a problem making the .gmo files.  It says there is no rule
for the target.  Does anybody have any solutions to either resolve the
rule or get around it through the configure program.  However, we will
need internationalizastion in the future..... thanks

What is the exact error from make?

I know that gettext has a bug which means it deletes files occasionally
and you have to reinstall gettext. But I'm not sure it's related to this.

There should be a rule in your po/Makefile like this:

.po.gmo:
        file=$(srcdir)/`echo $* | sed 's,.*/,,'`.gmo \
          && rm -f $$file && $(GMSGFMT) -o $$file $<

Is that missing?