[Glade-users] Gdk-ERROR in Gnome Application Window

(Sorry for the late reply. I've been visiting Boston for a week.)

Dean Schumacher wrote:

Damon Chaplin wrote:

You could try adding this to glade/main.c, just before the call to
glade_init():

   gtk_widget_push_visual (gdk_imlib_get_visual ());

That would hopefully make all the Glade windows try to use the same
visual. (The one that imlib wants to use for drawing graphics.)
I'm guessing a bit, though.

Damon

Yes, it is a Solaris box. I tried your suggestion above, but
unfortunately, that just made it worse. Now it aborts with a
"BadMatch" error at startup and doesn't even bring up the Glade
application.

Our plan is to use Glade on a Linux box to develop our GUI, then
copy the XML files over to Solaris, where our application is to be
developed. We'll use libglade on Solaris to display the GUI windows
and our application source code will be in C++.

The assumption is that the XML files will be portable, and that
we can call the GTK+ and libglade C library functions from C++.
Do you see any problem with this approach?

That should be OK, except for this problem with visuals/colormaps.

If anyone can track down this problem on Solaris I'd be grateful.
(It may help if you run glade with '--sync', so that all X calls
are synchronous. Then you know exactly which X call is causing the
problem.)