[Glade-users] Config error

Thanks Damon.

It turned out that some m4 files were hiding in /usr/local/share/aclocal when
they were being sought in /usr/share/aclocal.

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001 16:38:21 Damon Chaplin wrote:
Donald Cross wrote:

I have recently upgraded some libraries and now cannot compile glade apps
using
glade--.
I always get the following error:
./configure: line 2248: syntax error near unexpected token
`AM_PATH_GTKMM(1.2.3,,'
./configure: line 2248: `AM_PATH_GTKMM(1.2.3,,'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I have automake, autoconf and libtool installed, gtk version 1.2.8, gtk--
version 1.2.3, glade version 0.5.11, glade-- version 0.5.9

Can anyone suggest what is wrong - this is driving me nuts!

It is a very common problem. (Annoyingly common!)

Did aclocal output warnings about not finding macros or duplicated macros?
That is usually the real problem.

You need to make sure that aclocal can find all the relevant m4 macros
and that there are no duplicate files installed.

The Glade FAQ on glade.pn.org has info about a very similar situation.