[Glade-users] Gdk-CRITICAL error

Irina Brubaker wrote:

Damon,
        There is one more issue I need to report, and I am not sure if it is in
my code or in Glade.

        Most of the time gui works just fine. However, sometimes the widgets do
not show updates. For example, I have a label widget which I
periodically update in a pthread, using
gtk_label_set_text(GTK_LABEL(load_label), new_load).
        Usually it happens either on the start up when the label widget is just
blank, and you have to restart everything. Or if it worked on the
startup, then at some time, the load Label number either disappears or
stays at what it was previously and never changes.
        When this happens, if you try and toggle a button, it does receive a
signal because it sends data, but the button does not
become active (not depressed, as it is supposed to be). Could it be an
issue of limited resources on the laptop that I am using.

In GTK+ all widget layout & drawing is done in idle handlers within the
GTK+ event loop. So you need to make sure you return control to the
event
loop fairly often, and that you don't consume all the CPU time in other
higher-priority handlers like timeouts.

I don't think Glade would cause this problem, as it only uses fairly
simple
code to create the widgets.