[Glade-users] {Glade-Users] Adding a Dialog window to the top-level window

Hi,

<<< Newbie alert >>>

I have a top-level window created in Glade that starts a variable number
of pthreads...

One of those threads creates a dialog window (created as a "Dialog" type
in Glade, rather than a top-level dialog)  when a certain file is found
to be missing on my system.

The problem is that when my dialog thread opens the dialog, it happens
to open the dialog window BEHIND (and before?) the main window.  I
assume there is a timing issue here, probably that the dialog is
realized (mapped?) before the main (top-level) window is, but I am
unsure about how to proceed...

I thought I could create the dialog as a child of the main window, but
apparently there is no way I can do that in Glade (IS there????) .

Any help, or a pointer in the right direction to do my own footwork
would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Paul