[Glade-users] How to save Glade's windows positions ?

On 07 Aug 2001 09:46:19 +0200, Fabien COUTANT wrote:
Hello,
This is something that annoys me since long:  Each time I start Glade
I have to manually move and resize Glade's windows to the positions and
size I prefer.
Is there a way to save windows shapes from one run to the next ?
If not, is it a planned feature in Glade ?  Or is there some external
program that would be able to do it (using X11 version under Unix) ?

PS:  I rapidly searched through mailing lists archives but I didn't see
any mention of this subject.

The sizes and positions of windows is supposed to be saved by the
window manager, as part of 'session management'.

Though unfortunately it rarely works well.

If you use sawfish, there is an option to save the sizes & positions
of windows.