[Glade-users] can't delete menu entry?

Using glade 0.5.9 on Redhat 6.2 (Pentium), I've created a "Gnome
Application Window".  I want to remove some of the unused entries on the
File menu.

I've opened up the Widget Tree display, and have shown the file_1_menu
widget, which contains:
new_file1
open1
save1
save_as1
separator1
exit1

If I select 'new_file1', and right click to select 'delete', there is a
message in the xterm window that I used to start 'glade':
** WARNING **: replacing child of container - not implemented yet

An 'Error' dialog pops up:
Couldn't delete widget.

Any workarounds for this?

Thanks much.