[Glade-users] gtk_widget_destroy

Hi,

Thank you all for your help with opening a dialog with a button.  It
works nicely.  I have a new question though.  I have chosen to create
the dialog each time I try to open it (rather than just show and hide)
because the dialog is small.  When I try to close the newly created
dialog I call the gtk_widgtet_destroy function.  This closes the new
dialog ok... but I can't open a second instance of the dialog again.  I
get an assertion failed error message:

in getwidget.c ... GTK_IS_WIDGET(dialog) failed.

The only way I have found to get around this problem is to have the new
dialog call my own function that does the following:

close_dialog () {
   gtk_widget_destroy(new_dialog);
   gtk_widget_destroyed(new_dialog, &new_dialog);
}

This seems to be the only way to reset the new_dialog pointer to NULL.
Is there a function that automagically calls both functions... Or am I
required to call the two seperately?

Thanks
Parrish

=====