[Glade-users] Include others libraries in a Glade project

Hello James & everybody

Ok I ve checked documentation regarding the examples you told me
"hello-1.3.tgz". Inside this package I ve found the file "configure.in"
with the following lines in it:

AC_INIT(hello.c)
AC_PROG_CC
AC_PROG_CPP
AC_PROG_INSTALL
AC_STDC_HEADERS
AC_HAVE_HEADERS(string.h fcntl.h sys/file.h)
AC_ALLOCA
AC_OUTPUT(Makefile)

But I do not see the place where they have included external libraries.
Into the info automake there are  examples that are shown like
Complete,Hello and etags. In the "Makefile.am" of hello, variables have
been specified like this:

hello_LDADD = @INTLLIBS@ @ALLOCA@
localedir = $(datadir)/locale
INCLUDES = -I../intl -DLOCALEDIR=\"$(localedir)\

I do not understand exactly the meaning @INTLLIBS@ @ALLOCA@. Are these
variables already defined previously ? Or could they be redifined in the
"configure.in" ?

Regarding Program variables some are inherited `CC',`CFLAGS',
`CPPFLAGS', `DEFS', `LDFLAGS', and `LIBS' from Autoconf and others can
be set in `Makefile.am'.

But when I have tried to define new variables for the libXml inside the
`Makefile.am' of directory /src like this

XMLLIBS=`/usr/local/bin/xml-config --libs`
XMLFLAGS=`/usr/local/bin/xml-config --cflags`

INCLUDES = \
        $(XMLFLAGS) \
        -I$(top_srcdir)/intl \
        $(GNOME_INCLUDEDIR)

 bin_PROGRAMS = project2

 project2_SOURCES = \
         main.c \
         support.c support.h \
         interface.c interface.h \
         callbacks.c callbacks.h
 project2_LDADD = $(XMLIBS) $(GNOME_LIBDIR) $(GNOMEUI_LIBS) $(INTLLIBS)

After to recompile my application I have launched "autogen.sh" and it
finished OK but the command "make" failed with this error:

Making all in src
make[2]: Entering directory `/rtrdh62/granup/project2/src'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target ``/usr/local/bin/xml-config', needed
by `project2'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/rtrdh62/granup/project2/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/rtrdh62/granup/project2'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

Thanks for your ideas.
Bye

Marc