[Glade-devel] Build-script for Glade (was: Re: Building Glade / error-message "attempting to create schema 'org.gtk.Settings.FileChooser' without a path")

Hi Roland,

I'm not interested in adding another build script, but FYI, building
Glade and it's dependencies is of course one of the steps involved in
packaging a distro-agnostic bundle, which is documented here:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/glade/tree/build/linux/README

Using some hints from there, you should be able to build Glade and
it's dependencies safely into a relocated prefix using a variation of
this command:

    BUNDLE_ROOT=~/GladeBundle BUNDLE_DIR=${GLADE_CHECKOUT}/build/linux
jhbuild -f ${GLADE_CHECKOUT}/build/linux/jhbuildrc build

Building Glade and it's stack should just be a matter of running
jhbuild with our own moduleset... the moduleset prefers tarballs to
git repository so to build newer versions you may have to modify the
moduleset.

In any case what we have in tree is just a bit more sophisticated
version of your script, where we offload much of the grunt work to the
jbuild scripts and just define a moduleset (which is why I would be
opposed to adding yet another build script).

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 3:08 PM, Roland Koebler