[Glade-devel] Build-script for Glade (was: Re: Building Glade / error-message "attempting to create schema 'org.gtk.Settings.FileChooser' without a path")

Hi,

Compilation of newer versions:

- It would be nice if there would be some easier way to compile newer
  Glade-versions incl. all dependencies, since it seems that Glade
  is quite buggy, but bugs are only fixed in the newest version,
  which again depends on the newest GTK+-libraries...
I now "solved" this problem myself: I have written a shell-script, which
downloads the newest Glade, GTK+, ... sources, compiles and installs
them in the right order, and creates a glade.sh-script, which sets up
the environment so that the newly compiled Glade works (thanks for
pointing this out!).

So, it should now be easier to compile/use the newest Glade-version.
You can find the script at: http://www.simple-is-better.org/gtk/#building-glade
I have currently only tested it on Debian Wheezy (where it works well);
please let me know if it does or doesn't work on other distributions.

In addition:
Are you interested into adding this script to the Glade-source-tree,
or should I maintain it separately?

regards
Roland