[Glade-devel] [Glade-users] Making property editor as big as posible!

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 9:58 PM, Igor Chetverovod <chetverovod at gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Tristan,
About a bit another thing:)

I think it  would be great  if property editor could have possibility
to add new properties to the widget and GObject  functions
g_object_set_data () / g_object_get_data () could be used for access
to those properties.

Yes, we've discussed that more than once before, the possibility of
setting qdata on a GObject.

I'm not completely convinced that using qdata is the best programming
paradigm, but in any case it requires some GtkBuilder features before
we can really discuss adding such a thing to Glade.

Any qdata parsing from GtkBuilder files should also be typed
(probably only allowing for fundamental types to be parsable).

I.e. parsing the value "GtkButton" as a "string" type would make
a string "GtkButton" be allocated and tied to the GObject's
life cycle, parsing it as a "GType" would have different results.

Again, I think there are other directions to take to make Glade
and GtkBuilder more usable, without encouraging programmers
to hack with GObject qdata.

Igor