[Glade-devel] Why Glade 3 removes unknown elements

Hi everybody,

I'm building applications to experiment several standards defined by EBU. I choose to use Glade to accelerate
my developments. I started all with Glade 2 and now I decided to switch to Glade 3. I have quickly fixed the
GtkBox troubles to avoid Glade 3 crashes. All was fine except my Gtk::MenuButton... Glade 3 removes them
automatically from my XML source each time I open it. Why ???

Glade 2 doesn't support Gtk::MenuButton. So I have converted, into the XML source, a  Gtk::Button into a
Gtk::MenuButton. It works fine and when I open the file into Glade 2 it returns me a warning message instead
of the Gtk::MenuButton with the choice to suppress or not this unknown element (unknown only for Glade, not
for the GtkBuilder).

Could you restore this option (ask to user before remove) or add the support for Gtk::MenuButton :-) Or must
I continue with Glade 2 ???

Regards

Marco Dos Santos Oliveira
EBU/European Broadcasting Union
Technology and Innovation Department

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the system manager. This footnote also confirms that
this email message has been swept by the mailgateway