[Glade-devel] Red Hat Bugzilla #492788: need some help

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 3:24 AM, Debarshi Ray <debarshi.ray at gmail.com> wrote:
This concerns Glade 3.4.x, which I know is way too old to be supported
upstream. However we are shipping it as part of both Fedora 9 and
Fedora 10, and I am trying to fix the problem by carrying a downstream
patch. It is not present in Glade 3.6.x and I have not yet checked
Glade 3.5.x.

Here is the bug: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/492788

Problem is that I am not very familiar with Glade3's source code. I
have been looking at the code surrounding the "selection-changed"
signal in gladeui/glade-inspector.c and src/glade-window.c, but it
seems that I am barking up the wrong tree. Any pointers would be very
helpful.

Hi,
   In Glade 3.4.x you can display any toplevel window by double
clicking on the said toplevel - this was done intentionally at the
time to dissociate navigation and widget selection, anyway after
that experiment it seems more logical to always keep selected
widgets shown in the workspace, the added search entry makes
navigation in large projects simpler anyway.