[Glade-devel] Writing a glade plugin, and documenting how to do it; can any experienced glade developer/user help me in this ?

Philippe Bertin wrote:
[...]

BTW, refering to the paragraph you point me to, are you aware of the
fact that

xmllint --dtdvalid glade-catalog.dtd --noout my-catalog.xml

doesn't validate (and glade-catalog.dtd should at present actually
read glade-2.0.dtd) the gtk+.xml ?

Also (another doc error),

pkg-config --variable=catalogdir glade-3

yields
/usr/local/gtk/share/glade-3/catalogs, while it is really located at ...
/usr/local/gtk/share/glade3/catalogs

I already intended to flag this as an error, but still have to look at
how to do this officially

Please file bugs here:
   http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=glade3

if you didnt already see the bug listed here:
   http://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?query=product%3Aglade3

To answer that question above at a glance, assuming you have a
tictactoe_get_type()
function (and a Tictactoe object ofcourse) in libgladetictactoe (or
the library
that libgladetictactoe links against) then glade will recognize it
and load all
its properties automatically, if you need to change anything, than
you start
playing with the <properties> tag etc.

I found out about the tictactoe_get_type()- error already. I had that
function (as any gtk widget should have it, of course), but the
library wasn't built properly (I made libglade-ttt.so from a
stripped-down glade-gtk.c but didn't build the library depending on
tictactoe.so). So I think to be able to add this kind of documentation
in my document ... for later users.

Nod, I think its important to let the user decide if they will add the
glade plugin
support code directly to thier library or to provide a "plugin glue"
library for
glade purposes - to that end we may need some minor changes regarding
where the specified library is loaded from (we had discussed this
earlier, but
iirc it wasnt important enough to anyone to bugzilla it.. so it probably got
forgotton).

You should note too that *ahem* this api is going to change alot in the
near future and has already in cvs HEAD (currently unstable), but
I'd love to help you anyway I can to document it !

I'll be finding this out in the near future. But let me note that I
don't think the API itself is not well enough documented : it's more
the 'concepts' that are not too well described. Anyway, for the
moment, I'm using gdb to see how the (glade) widget properties are
loaded from my new (own) widget (see next paragraph).

We hang out quite alot at irc.gnome.org in #glade3, you're more than
welcome to swing by and ask us whatever :)

Thanks ! Glad to hear this. You'll notice me around shortly.

I will put a first version of my document available shortly.

Great thanks for you work & interest !