[Glade-devel] Extending libglade with new widgets

On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 16:45 -0700, Jeff Westerinen wrote:
I am trying to learn how to add widgets to Glade and libglade.  I
followed the GTK+ 2.0 Tutorial and created the tictactoe widget.  I
then created a widget catalog and installed it, and I'm able to use
Glade3 to create correct XML that describes a window with a tictactoe
widget.  But, now, I don't understand what I must do to get libglade
to recognize the widget.  The libglade documentation says you may or
may not need a "plugin" lib for the widget.  But it also suggests that
the actual widget code itself can be used by libglade.  One way or
another, it appears that whatever library is used must have a
"glade_module_register_widgets()" function.  Does anyone know how this
all works or can anyone point me to some kind of documentation that
describes this better?

Look at the libgnomeui or libgnomecanvas libraries, in the glade
subdirectories.

They have libglade plugins for handling their widgets.

If your widgets are completely configurable with object properties, I
think your glade_module_register_widgets() function only needs to call
glade_register_widget() to register each widget and glade_provide() to
register the library.

Damon