[Glade-devel] Re: [Glade-users] Glade Parameters

Le mercredi 18 mai 2005 ? 12:44 -0400, Tristan Van Berkom a ?crit :
Gabriel de Perthuis wrote:
Le mercredi 18 mai 2005 ? 10:01 +0800, Rick Duley a ?crit :

Hmmm, this was asked on the glade-users list.

Is there some documentation that details the options available in each window of
Glade? That is to say, some documentation that describes what happens to the GUI
and to the code when an option is changed from 'No' to 'Yes' or when a 'Signal'
is selected etc.

It's part of the gtk+ api doc - available at
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/ . I recommend that you get
devhelp packages for your distro (offers searchability). To lookup a
signal, find the class that receives it, and have a look at the doc for
the parameter struct when it's an event. The options glade deals with
are gobject properties in the docs.

I wonder if it would be interesting to add this to glade-3

     - Generate some metadata from GTK+ (or other widget kits) source
       code (provided the kit uses the gtk doc system)

     - Add a "Help" button to any signals & properties that have
       documentation avaiable.

What do people think ?

This is definitely a user-friendly idea. I think Anjuta has something
like this in their code, it's worth a look. I suspect they use a
lib-ified devhelp.
I think the introspection work generates metadata in an intermediary xml
which could eventually be used, but using devhelp is more practical
today.