[Glade-devel] Vote on style editor

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 15:50:38 +0100, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
[...]
It is my opinion that as soon as you exit the desktop translatable

Most embedded software needs to be translated just as much as desktop
software, making automatic layout essential.

This is true,
    but in our case; fonts just dont cut it. We use gnu gettext for all font
translations but when it comes to the big readable texts we need graphic
files (i.e. we have a pre-cut graphic image of "Select an artist"
and many many more). So far in a specialized UI; gettext and automatic layout
definitly don't make the bleeding edge.

Murray Cumming wrote:
So, let (lib)glade do this for you. I have no problem with Glade making
it easy for the user to change the colour, but I don't think the .rc
file is a good way to do it.

I would definitly prefer this approach, I wonder if we can still make use of
the pixmap engine and assign graphic files to all possible widget states
using this method... this is definitly something to look into.