[Glade-devel] [glade-3] pixmap properties

J. Ali Harlow wrote:

On 2004.05.06 14:39 Joaquin Cuenca Abela wrote:

The g_object_set_data approach seems good enough to
me. These uses seems to be rare enough to need
anything else.

Talking about g_object_set_data, what I have always wanted
in glade is for the ability to set arbitary data for an
object. This would allow me to keep all sorts of userful
information in the .glade file rather than have it hardcoded
in my programs. I currently do this by encoding information
into the object name, but it's much less useful.

I want to second this request, in the OpenSource application for machine
tools MatPLC (http://mat.sf.net) for the Human Machine Interface creator we
use glade but we encode the information to link the widget to the IO (Input
Output point) in the widgets name wich is cumbersome and a limited solution.
Our application will also benefit if we could store something like
properties for the widgets in the form of name and value both as character
strings.

Regards,

    Juan Carlos Orozco
            Director