Signal editor (was Re: [Glade-devel] small patch)

On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 23:11, ext Joaquin Cuenca Abela wrote:
Hi!

I've been hacking a bit on the signal editor.

What do you think of an interface like that one:

http://e98cuenc.free.fr/signals.png

Hmm.. that feels unnecessarily crowded to my taste.  It's showing all
possible signals for every widgets, and yet you usually only ever use
one or two.  Keeping signals like 'map' always visible makes the dialog
pretty cluttered.  IMHO, it would make more sense to show only those
signals for which you have added a handler.

I'm all for editing the signals in place, direct manipulation is nicer
(and simpler since you don't need a separate entry just for editing)

Can anyone make an educated guess whether or not the ability to add
multiple handlers for the same signal is actually used in practice?
It's obviously making the UI more complicated, but is the feature useful
enough to warrant that, I don't really know...

--
Tommi Komulainen <tommi komulainen nokia com>