Signal editor (was Re: [Glade-devel] small patch)

Tommi wrote:

On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 23:11, ext Joaquin Cuenca Abela wrote:
Hi!

I've been hacking a bit on the signal editor.

What do you think of an interface like that one:

http://e98cuenc.free.fr/signals.png

Hmm.. that feels unnecessarily crowded to my taste.  It's
showing all possible signals for every widgets, and yet you
usually only ever use one or two.  Keeping signals like 'map'
always visible makes the dialog pretty cluttered.

The plan is to make the divide the signals by its class, opening only the
topmost class. That leaves only 4-5 visible signals by default.

It's still a work in progress, but you can see a more recent screenshot
here:

http://e98cuenc.free.fr/signals2.png

Can anyone make an educated guess whether or not the ability
to add multiple handlers for the same signal is actually used
in practice?
It's obviously making the UI more complicated, but is the
feature useful enough to warrant that, I don't really know...

I'm still not sure that it will make the UI more complicated. There are
several ways to leave multiple handlers per signal, and still share the same
UI with the "only 1 handler per signal" alternative.

For instance, you can say that the handler is instead a comma separated list
of handlers.

Still waiting for a bit more feedback from the usability guys.