[Glade-devel] Binding independent names

--- Paolo Borelli <pborelli katamail com> wrote:
IMO adding one more widget (the dropdown) would make
UI even more
painful: the user already has to go trough a lot of
pointing and
clicking just to add a simple signal (as I said in
another mail this
could well be one of the reasons why most of the
projects prefer simply
using g_signal_connect() ).

   I have one idea regarding this.  Why can add a
_feature_ to glade3, which is...
   * when double-clicking any of the widget, the
widget's default signal ("clicked" for GtkButton) is
added automatically after the signal-editor widget is
shown (or focus the handler textbox in signal-editor
widget if the handler was already added).

Beside it would not work: FooHBox may have been
subclassed from GtkHBox
so in the TreeView with the list of the signals you
should have *both*
at the same time.

We all might be programmers but if we want to make
this easy for newbies
flooding them with GtkWindow when they might be
writting Gtk.Window
might be confusing.  If you split them from the
begining they get used
to the fact that Gtk is actualy seperate from
Window.  Gtk is a
windowing toolkit package and Window is a class of
that package.

It *might* be confusing... lets stick to the facts,
Glade2 uses
GtkWindow since forever and I never heard a complain
or a question.

Another thing to mention is the also on the first
page of the Editor
"Class:" contains GtkWindow.

I really think we are arguing over a detail...

ciao
      paolo

=====
Sridhar R