From: "Damon Chaplin" <damon karuna uklinux net>
To: "Dragon Master" <dragonm nexuslabs com>
Cc: <glade-devel lists ximian com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2004 01:11
Subject: Re: [Glade-devel] Win32 port of Glade 2.0.1

On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 20:21, Dragon Master wrote:
On Sun, 11 Jan 2004, Ivan Wong wrote:

Hello.
I have ported 2.0.1 to win32 with a few platform specified problems
fixed.
It may be still buggy, but it seems OK for my daily use. You can find
it
here:
http://gladewin32.sourceforge.net

Woohoo, yet a third win32 port author.  Damon, have you ever considered
picking one of us poor sods and integrating our patches into CVS?  Then
we
could put a stop to this endless proliferation of port patches.  It's
part
of the Embrace and Extend tactic GTK+ is using.  We Embrace Windows,
then
we give them a widget set that's better than MFC, and then lots of
Windows
programs start using it, and then Microsoft goes bankrupt and is sold
off
in chunks to the highest bidder.  <cough>  Ok, skipped a few steps
there,
but you get the idea.  :)

I did apply some patches from Ishan before the last release, 2.0.1.

If you 3 can come up with some definitive patches for win32 support that
would be great.

It's a bit awkward for me as I don't have all the win32 stuff installed
to test it. Do you all use the same tools, e.g. mingw?

Damon